Battlespace Flight Services Electronics Technician II - CONUS (Ground Control Station) in Ellsworth AFB, South Dakota
INTERNAL CANDIDATES GIVEN FIRST CONSIDERATION
Position Summary: Performs organizational level servicing, scheduled and unscheduled avionics and electronics maintenance on Unmanned Aircraft Ground Control Station Systems (UAS) including inspection, troubleshooting, repair, and analysis of avionics and electronic systems, subsystems, associated components, ground control stations (GCS), ground data terminals (GDT), Fiber Optic data lines with working knowledge of Fixed Site Satcom Terminal (FSST), Satcom Earth Terminal Subsystem (SETSS) ground satellite systems and test equipment. Applies program knowledge to implement and manage Communication Security (COMSEC), Foreign Object Damage (FOD), and Data Integrity Team (DIT) ancillary programs as required by Supervisor. Working knowledge of UAS unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, multi-meters, dial indicators, micrometers, and other special tools and equipment. Uses and interprets technical orders (TO’s) and technical data to apply basic and some advanced technical knowledge to identify, troubleshoot, and diagnose maintenance problems and determine appropriate corrective action.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs servicing and inspections on UAS GCS, UAS sub-systems, ground satellite systems and related UAS equipment.
- Performs avionics and electronic maintenance tasks for GCS, Fiber Optic, ground satellite systems to include launch, recovery, post- flight, pre-flight, thru-flight and periodic inspections.
- Removes and installs UAS/GCS avionics/electronic system components/cables (copper, fiber, etc.) and conducts functional and operational tests.
- Adjusts, aligns and rigs UAS/GCS avionics and electronic systems.
- Inspects and checks components for clearances, tolerances, proper installation and operation.
- Operates and inspects powered and non-powered aerospace ground equipment.
- Reviews and completes maintenance forms and enters data into the Integrated. Maintenance Data System (IMDS), responsible to ensure all data is accurate and complete.
- Prepares and submits material and product deficiency reports.
- Conducts on-the-job training for Technicians when directed by supervision.
- Occasionally required to lead teams through maintenance tasks.
- Complies with all COMSEC regulations and ensures the security of all cryptographic equipment and aircraft/GCS components at all times.
- Performs DIT analysis and corrective actions.
- Performs routine FOD inspections.
- Responsible to maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- May be required to meet typical Cross Utilization Training (CUT) qualifications to include IMDS Aircraft De-Brief, Tool Control and Accountability, and Servicing.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed. Required Skills
Excellent attention to detail. Very good communication skills both written and verbal. Excellent team member.
Six (6) years of Electronics System Maintenance experience.One (1) year UAS/GCS experience highly preferred
Top Secret clearance with SCI Eligibility.
US Citizen or proper immigration status.
Must meet company fitness for duty requirements.
Tracking Code: 350-490
Job Location: Ellsworth AFB, South Dakota, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular