Ingersoll Rand Mechanical Engineer in MINNEAPOLIS, Minnesota
AtIngersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around theworld. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable,sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family ofbrands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , AmericanStandard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - worktogether to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings;transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrialproductivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world ofsustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equalopportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; includingindividuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
ThisPlatform Mechanical Engineer will work to research,design and maintain products for the Vehicle Powered Truck business. Theposition will collaborate cross-functionally across multiple regions and havefrequent interaction with our global manufacturing facilities, dealerships andcustomers. The position will be responsible for delivering major global NewProduct Development programs that meet specific performance andQuality/Cost/Delivery goals. The Platform Mechanical Engineer will also provideengineering support to other functions including Product Management, Manufacturingand Field Service.
CoreJob Responsibilities (others may be added):
- Generate,evaluate, analyze and develop design concepts for VP Truck systems, componentsand assemblies to meet new product requirements provided by Product Management.
- Ensureaccuracy and completeness of engineering designs, drawings, documentation andBill of Materials.
- SupportProgram Management Office in development of project and resource plans, or inthe case of smaller scale projects, the Platform Mechanical Engineer will beresponsible to develop and maintain these plans.
- Matchexisting and new technologies to market needs and opportunities.
- Ensurethat DFMEA and DVPR processes are adhered to. Ensure laboratory and fieldtesting activities adhere to our product development processes.
- Protectconfidential and intellectual property (prepare patent disclosures for example).
- Domesticand international travel (up to 20%) may be required.
- Bachelor’sDegree in Mechanical Engineering and at least 3 years of engineering workexperience is required.
- Backgroundin structural design/analysis desirable. Knowledge of refrigeration systemtechnologies, thermodynamics and fluid dynamics would be an advantage.
- Pro/Engineeror Creo proficiency strongly desired. Familiaritywith Windchill would be an advantage.
- Strongproject planning / management and organizational skills.
- Plantor manufacturing operation experience expected, including Design forManufacturing.
- Demonstratedexperience with Design, Quality & Reliability processes, supplierqualification, and part approval requirements.
- Self-motivatedwith strong collaboration skills. Demonstrated ability to work with cross-functionalteams spread across multiple geographical regions.
- Basiccost accounting and project viability assessment experience beneficial.
- Strongcommunication skills with ability to communicate effectively at all levels ofthe business.
Weare committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financialgoals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our businessstrategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We arecommitted to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well asvalues the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, inturn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customerrelations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shiftsin how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with IngersollRand. Progress begins with you!
Primary Location: MINNEAPOLIS-Minnesota
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Dec 7, 2018, 10:06:49 AM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.